Helaman 5:12

Helaman 5:12

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Finally Here in Argentina!!! (Weeks 7-10)

Here in front of the Buenos Aries Temple
The Cordoba Temple is to be finished in April of 2015!

 Mission President Ruben V. Alliaud and wife Fabiana. 
President has a voice just like a Spanish radio host.  
It is pretty awesome and his wife is wonderful.


Elder George and 1st Companion in Argentina - Elder Aquino from Paraguay
               
 Please note the fine craftmanship of the bookcase...


 I share a room with two other elders named Elder Nygaar, and Elder Souza


Home Sweet Home!
My address for letters it is just the mission home address
which is just up at the top right of the blog. 



 My first area is called La Rioja and it is honestly the hottest area ever!!  
It is like 110 degrees today, and it is so much different than Utah.


 I love Elder Aquino, but there is one problem....he doesn´t speak any English!!!!
I understand a lot and am able to speak to people, but I still feel lost a lot of the time.


If you want to know why I am so excited to preach this gospel 
and why so many are, go back on lds.org and listen to Elder Bednar's talk 
from this General Conference October 2014

My older brother sent me a wonderful quote that I love that said, 
Dont count the days, make the days count!

We have fun and things are crazy here.

P-Day!
Beautiful!
My area Universidad, is very large and Elder Aquino and I were about 3 miles from our house contacting and teaching when I stood up on my bike to get up a hill and crack.  
My right pedal snapped off of the bike.  


Cacoa, or Chocolate Milk is heavenly.  I am allergic to it, but I cant help it!  
So so yummy, much more tasty than Matte.

 It was 9pm we had to be home, I am missing a pedal, have a flat tire, and we are over 30 minutes walking distance from home.  Well, I looked down thought lets go, and I rode the bike.  Elder Aquino would push me and then I would go pedaling, I don’t know how in the dark with a flat tire in the front.  We laughed so hard the entire way home, and one woman that saw us burst out laughing in the middle of the street.  We made it home in....10 minutes!!  Haha, it was so much fun too! 








Donkey without Shrek...


There are little sweet shops called Kioscos everywhere. 
Alforjores are so yummy!  
There is this type of cookie with a chocolate dipped dulce de leche on top, 
and it will definitely be the reason that I come home overweight if I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment