Helaman 5:12

Helaman 5:12

Monday, October 27, 2014

River (Utes) vs. Boca (BYU) week 11

There are two teams in Argentina that are really popular and they are named River and Boca.  It just so happens that the colors of River are red, black, and white and the colors of Boca are white, blue and gold :)  Sound familiar? I thought that was really funny.  In almost every lesson someone asks what team we are, River or Boca and yeah its just fun. More problems with our bikes... Elder Aquino broke his in half...so now we are walking in over 100 degree weather every day and it is killer and it is literally like our skin is leaking, as Grandpa Charles would say!

 
My companero caught a bird just outside of the pension...Lesson: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...It's better to have a lesser but certain advantage than the possibility of a greater one that may come to nothing. In other words be happy with what you have or where you are!

It's a Party! But not all fun and games, This week we did service by building part of a concrete wall and making the concrete mix called mezcla.




This week I got really sick on Thursday and Friday throwing up with pains in my back and in my head.  I was assigned to only drink Gatorade

 The funny thing is it happened to my companion Elder Nygaard at the same time.
Flu for Two! We built clay models, and had to rest. A couple of Greenies?

 I felt horrible because I knew that I had to get out and work but I didn't feel well enough.  
I felt like I wasnt doing my job, but then Elder Nygaard told me this, "Don't try to be the Hero.  
The Spirit converts people and he can't if you aren't well.  If you need to rest, then rest don't kill yourself because you will only make it worse."  So I rested and now I am back on my feet and feel so much better. I'm ready to get back to work!

Wow, my first transfer is almost done!!  I am setting goals for myself, read the book of Mormon in Spanish and prepare for everything I need in the future. Lastly I gave my first talk in Spanish in the ward and I talked about enduring to the end.   I also played a special musical number, and the spirit was so strong.  I wasnt nervous for either of the things and I know that this gospel is true. I love it with all my heart!! 

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences.
    english to spanish translation

    ReplyDelete