Helaman 5:12

Helaman 5:12

Monday, January 19, 2015

Weather Extremes - Week 23

So this week weather went from one extreme to the other. At the beginning of the week we had a day that rained so hard that we had to go back to the pension to dry off. Haha because after walking in the rain for 2 hours and no one allowing us to enter in their house we needed to do something to protect our copies of the Book of Mormon. Luckily Mine didn't get wet but everything else in my backpack was soaked. Later in the week we went to the other extreme with el sol or the sun. One of the Elders has an alarm clock with a thermometer so we put it outside for a little while to see... it was 115 degrees outside!

Exciting news the family Florez will be baptized this Saturday 24th. The part that is awesome is that two of the boys Gabi (12) and Alejo (8) asked me to baptize them! They even fought for a minute  about who would be baptized by Elder George. All giddy inside I told them not to worry because I could baptize them Both! So I am very excited all about that!  I have been in this area for 4.5 months so it is very possible  that I leave this week. I don't know if I will leave or stay for 6 weeks more but I can honestly testify that I love those that I have served and that I will shed some tears when I say goodbye.  

I had Jacob go through and choose 100  cards to send to me for this little guy.
His name is Leo and I gave him all the Yugioh cards!

During the week we went to the house of an investigator named Juan and helped him take apart wood pallets with our bare hands!  

It sure was an adventure the 6 of us like cave men taking apart wood and nails with only our bodies.  We sure did find some interesting ways to break off pieces...for example by dropping big rocks....can you say cavemen yep pretty much:)  

There's always one or two in every crowd....

Goodbye Elder Biggs, my back street buddy.  He goes home to Arizona.

115 degrees....Enjoy the Snow!

Thanks mom, My new Aggies Hoodie for Christmas.

The cover that I made for my journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment