Helaman 5:12

Helaman 5:12

Monday, March 9, 2015

I see La Rioja waving goodbye... - Week 30

    This week really was a beautiful week but also a very sad week as well.  I had the last chance to walk around in La Rioja.  We had transfers this last week and I carry 6 months in La Rioja . One of the presidents assistants called for my companion and told Elder Toledo that he would be training a new elder this transfer....so that could only mean that I would be leaving.  Then Elder Souza, AP, talked to me and told me that my new companion would be Elder Toledo, from Chile as well.  I thought that was pretty funny that I would have two companions from Chile both named Elder Toledo.
    I have listened my entire life to my father saying that it was harder to leave the people from your mission, than your own family.  Well I can testify now that I have left a part of my heart in La Rioja with the Fam Florez, Luna, Diaz, Ramos, and many more families that have touched my heart and made me want to be a better missionary.  I will never forget the tears that José Luna shed when I told him that I would not be around the next day.  I was close to tears all day as I thought of my families that I might never see again and how much that I really love them....I can honestly say that I love the people of Argentina and I will never forget them.  Also I will dearly miss my companions but I know that the Lord needs us where we are to serve.


Saying goodbye to Leo and Jose Luna
The family Ramos
The family Florez
The family Florez
Luis and the family Alverez
The family Luna
The family Diaz
This is family Diaz the sister that always washed clothes, 
cooked when we needed it and everything.  She was like my momma  in this area.
Farewell -Elders Villar, Agren, George and Toledo
Thumbs up!
Goodbye to my Companion Elder Toledo #1 from Chile.
Hello to my New Companion Elder Toledo #2 from Chile. 
We're eating at a place like chuck a rama!
So I will be going from the rural desert to the big city - Chacabuco,Córdoba Capital.
Elder "DANIEL-SON"

Elders Toledo, Agren, Villar and me. Jorge made us neoquis!!  
We ate with hno castañares 
Just like at home...well sort of,  my Dad makes the little potato dumplings
and my mom makes the chicken and sauce. 
Saying goodbye to those in front, are all leaving for new areas.
Does anyone see a resemblance to Popeye...I'm really going to miss this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment