Helaman 5:12

Helaman 5:12

Monday, June 22, 2015

The Importance of Fathers - Week 45

Well yesterday was fathers day so I would like to dedicate my letter to fathers especially the father figures in my life.  I will never forget the video “Earthly Father, Heavenly Father“ and the quote in the end that says of all the titles given to Diety He has asked that we call Him Father.  What a title and responsibility to be a Father. 

I will never forget going on camp outs and making omelets in a baggy, sometimes with the bad bags and the egg passing through....or mountain man hash browns, hiking in the canyon, going to volleyball and seeing you play in a boot, eating cookies, swimming and dunking the Y/M, Rappelling and seeing you try it for the first time even though shaking brave and strong just so you could do it with your sons, laughing and crying together, playing catch in the front lawn and your patience because you had to go after the ball most of the time...hahah woops!  Going to the temple to do temple work, and serving in the same country.  Working on the house, destroying parts and banging with hammers...going shopping for YUGIOH cards, and seeing you at my ball games, and my performances in music and dance.  Wendys for dinner always you with a bit of chili and spicy nuggets, your stories from the mission and helping me to become strong and have a testimony and serve.  Coming home with spicy peppers and saying alright whose first to try? I see you exhausted in the chair, falling asleep and Kath saying, “Look Dad’s mouth is open… let’s feed him something.”  All these things are priceless memories that mean so much to me. 

The big group of them I remember with my father, and others with YMs leaders, Scout leaders, and Grandparents.  I love you Dad, and my father figures through the years.  I hope that one day I can be an example of faith, testimony and strength to YM as well. 

But may we never forget the Father of us all that truly does exist and wants us to be happy.  I love Him more than anything, and I know...truly I do that He exists and that He loves me and each of us.  I testify that this is His gospel and map to be happy, to be truly happy forever.  I love it and know it is true.  Love Elder George

Thanks Dad for playing catch on the front lawn and your patience
because you had to go after the ball most of the time...hahah woops! 
 I love you Dad
It sure is getting cold here! 
Lets warm up the pension with a lighter!!
Cooking at the Pension
Tasted pretty good actually...

No comments:

Post a Comment